----------------- MARKET UPDATE ------------------
Dear Market visitors,
At this time trading at Eynesbury and Merrifield Markets is on hold. We do not have enough food vendors to make these locations viable to operate at the current time. As soon as the restrictions are lifted we will reopen for trading.
We will be going ahead with the Mulgrave Farmers Market. Supermarkets are still operating and our market is in an outdoor environment. The state government has declared food markets as an "essential gathering". With the notification of COVID-19, it is an issue we are of course taking seriously.
We understand that there is a great deal of uncertainty and stress amongst the public as we know information and advice is changing quite rapidly. Rest assured we are keeping up-to-date whilst providing you with fresh food as we've done for the last decade every Sunday.
⚠️ 𝗜𝗠𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗧: We open at 8am. We have noticed people arriving before this time. We love how keen you are, but we need time to properly set-up. Arrival prior to 8am, will no longer be allowed. Also, in order to keep the market running, you must comply with our new temporary market policies as per below. Please feed knowledge and compassion during these trialling times.
𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗧𝗘𝗠𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗔𝗥𝗬 𝗠𝗔𝗥𝗞𝗘𝗧 𝗣𝗢𝗟𝗜𝗖𝗜𝗘𝗦:
- NO sampling of goods
- No Keep cups or reusable containers
- 𝗢𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝟭 𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗱 to visit, at present our market is not a socialising event, we are here to provide you with essential Food and Goods. We urge you to also leave your dogs and kids at home.
- Please only visit to purchase goods and go home
- Social distancing of 1.5m! We will have guidelines on the ground to remind you.
- Stay at home if you feel sick, have someone else shop on your behalf
- Use your toilet at home
- Don't pick through the produce, pick up only what you want
- Do not sneeze/cough on produce
- Do not touch your face during the market
- Wash all produce thoroughly at home.
- Hand-washing station will be present on-site
- We will be regularly cleaning surfaces
- All stallholders will have sanitizers, wear cloves and those who are still transitioning to eft-post facilities will wash their cash
- Wait in line to be served at each stall - 1.5m distance
- No Tables, only a couple of chairs with distance in between for people that need it to rest
- Hover for Tap Payments
- Implement respectful behaviour towards other visitors, Stallholders and Staff
- Upgrade your hygiene practice: Properly clean your hands with soap before and after the market for at least 20 seconds, do not touch your face etc.
- Find reliable resources for the latest information and tips to keep yourself and the community safe e.g.:
- Australian Government Department of Health Coronavirus info: https://bit.ly/coronavirus-AUS
- World Health Organization (WHO) info: https://bit.ly/WHO-coronavirus
- Centre of Disease and Control info: https://bit.ly/CDC-Coronavirusinfo
- Animation Video about Coronavirus: https://bit.ly/Coronavirus-info-animation
Anyone that does not comply with these new Temporary Market Rules will need to leave the market site for the safety of the general public. We will be in touch with the local police station just in case we have any problems.
Please let us know if you have concerns or issues and feel free to contact us:
Phone: 0400 520 042